Estate Planning Attorney in Sacramento, CA and Surrounding Areas
Helping Clients Prepare for Their Futures
Planning ahead for the future is always a wise choice to make in life-especially when it comes to your estate, and yourself. Essentially, estate planning means that you are taking the beneficial steps to plan ahead for the unforeseen tragedies in life, such as a sudden illness or injury that affects your ability to think properly or a fatal illness or accident.
What does an estate include?
While many people believe that estate planning is only for the rich and famous, anyone who owns property truly should do this for their families and their future. At the time of your death, all property owned by you is considered your estate. So whether you own a few pieces of jewelry or you are a wealthy owner of three homes and a business, estate planning is the smart way to go.
Assets addressed in an estate plan usually includes:
- Real estate
- All bank accounts in your name
- Any stock or securities owned by you
- Personal property (vehicles, wedding ring, etc.)
- Life insurance policies
- Retirement savings
Why set up an estate plan?
Choosing to have an estate plan will not only help you be more confident in the well-being of your loved ones after you die, but it will also help make the process much easier for your loved ones at a difficult time.
There are a number of benefits for having an estate plan:
- Determine who gets your special property, and the remainder of your estate
- You name the person(s) you wish to control your finances, if needed
- Taxes may be avoided, reduced or stretched out over time on certain property
- Avoiding the expensive and time consuming process of probate
- You get to describe your preferred medical care and final arrangements
- You can be in control of who makes medical decisions on your behalf
SERVING SACRAMENTO, PLACER, YOLO, EL DORADO, SUTTER, SOLANO & SAN JOAQUIN COUNTIES
Contact Hill Law Offices, PC, today at 916-568-0212 to schedule your free 30-minute Estate Planning consultation to make sure our legal services will meet your estate planning needs. We will provide a flat fee rate quote at the end of our Free Consultation for your individualized Estate Plan. We care about each and every client and we look to put the best interests of you and your family first. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us; we look forward to helping you.