Sacramento Probate Attorney
ASSISTING CLIENTS THROUGH THE PROBATE PROCESS THROUGHOUT SACRAMENTO COUNTY AND SURROUNDING AREAS
Probate is essentially the legal process of property title transfer after a person dies. When a person dies with a will in place, or without a will at all, the probate process is usually required to transfer the title of assets to the proper beneficiaries of the deceased person’s estate.
Are you named as the Executor, Personal Representative, or Administrator of the estate of someone who has recently passed away? Hill Law Offices, PC, can help you find your way through the process of probating the estate.
Did someone close to you pass away without a will? We can help you to administer this type of estate, too. Call us for information on how to proceed in this situation.
WHAT DOES THE PROBATE PROCESS INCLUDE?
- All property of the deceased is found and collected into the estate
- Outstanding rights to any property, income or dividends are collected
- All legally valid debts that the deceased owed are paid
- All disputes are settled in the probate court
- Property and assets of the estate are transferred to the beneficiaries and/or heirs, through the court, in the process of probate
HOW DO YOU AVOID PROBATE?
There are a few ways in which you can avoid the process of probate. Consider contacting our firm to discuss one of these options to allow your family and friends to avoid probate in the future:
- Establish a Revocable Living Trust
- Assign beneficiary designations
- Consider the use of non-probate options
Contact Hill Law Offices, PC, today to discuss how to handle the probate process, or how to avoid it altogether. Our firm will guide you through the process, is prepared to defend your rights if you find litigation is required, and will also do whatever we can to help you avoid the process if it is possible. Call us at 916-568-0212 for more information.